Sunday, February 14, 2016

Ed's Thinking

     It all begins like this. A thief robbing a bank, yelling to fill his bag with the money. Ed and Marv as usual arguing about Marv's car, even during a robbery. Once the bag is filled with the money, the thief tries to run off until he realizes he is surrounded by cops. However, the cops has no idea what on earth is going on and waits until something happens. The thief has no way to escape until he over hears Ed and Marvs argument. The thief forces Marv to hand over his car key and tries his best to run to the car unnoticed. As the thief ran, he dropped his gun wide open. All of sudden, "I run out, picking up the gun along the way. When I cross the road, I lock eyes with the gunman. He attempts to get out of the car, but it's too late for that. . . He tries to get out and run, and I sear I have no idea I'm firing the gun until I've stepped toward him and hear the glass shatter" (Zusak 18). How does one have the guts to pick up a gun and shoot, as if it was nothing. Ed has never held a gun before or has seen a gun. All of sudden, he becomes expert with guns? This fascinated me, how some boring teenager can turn into a hero.

     After receiving the card and accomplishing two out of three mission, Ed now has to deal with the 45 Edgar Street. Before Ed decides to go finish his first card, he is sent a pistol with one bullet. Ed plans to drunk Angelia's father with vodka and finish him with one bullet. This is where I think things get interested. After Ed drunks the man, Ed aims and shoots way off of the man. He lets the man to live, expecting for him to change. Even though his mission was to finish the unworthy man and even after seeing him rape his wife, Ed gave he man another chance.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment